I love working in the field of user experience! Negotiating between the business goals, the brand and the user’s needs can lead to some interesting solutions. It allows me to exercise one of my strongest skill sets - problem-solving.
Experience in UX and UI
- User Research
- Wireframing/ Prototyping
- Interaction Design
- Information Architecture
- Experience Mapping
- Persona Development
- UI Design
- Logo & Brand
- Responsive Design
- App Design
- Graphic Design
- Front-End Dev
User Experience & Interface Designer
Evoke Group (Pharmaceutical advertising agency)
I work with different teams at Evoke, from engagement strategists, science writers, creative writers, art directors, creative art-workers to bring the project to life. My role is to represent the user and their needs throughout the process. To work closely with each member of the team to understand their direction so that the content structure, layout and design flow towards the best experience for the user.
I have worked on websites, apps, core visual aids, printed booklets, emails, banner ads and much more during my role.
Through advocating the needs of the user and showing how small details can have a big impact on their experience, I was able to change the team’s mindset to consider the needs and the emotions of the user when crafting the story/experience.
Develop personas, user journeys, content maps, sitemaps, wireframes, app and website visual design.
- Negotiate and rationalise design decisions with the team to ensure the end-user has a voice.
- Create and present design rationale to clients and ensure all material supplied is as easy as possible to understand.
- Prepare artwork and clarify the interactions of a user interface through guides and support for the development team.
- Create internal best practice guides and templates for Evoke, including sitemap, wireframe, website, email templates and more.
- Keep up to date with ABPI (The Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry) and share good UX principles with the wider team.
User Experience and Visual Designer
Bunnyfoot (UX Consultancy)
My role was split between my internal responsibilities of managing all the corporate websites, design work and templates and my external responsibilities of working with clients to develop user journeys, information architecture, wireframes and visual designs.
I was professionally trained by thought leaders in the UX community to design good user experiences and best practices to validate designs with real users.
From starting off as an internal designer I was able to attain the knowledge to design responsive websites and develop them into accessible HTML and CSS.
- Stay up-to-date with design application changes and industry developments in the design and user experience sector.
- Work collaboratively with UX researchers, and designers to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user-experience.
- Translate client business requirements, user needs, wireframes and prototypes into creative interactions that are usable, persuasive and emotionally engaging.
- Design, build and maintain company websites.
- Design the company marketing assets like templates, corporate stationery, marketing material, icons and infographics.
Bunnyfoot (UX Consultancy)
- Learning and mastering CSS, HTML and PHP to become the webmaster for Bunnyfoot’s websites.
- Expanding from print to user focused interaction/visual design.
- Managing and updating company templates, branding and marketing.
- Maintaining the company websites using HTML, LESS/CSS and PHP.
- Converting complex design briefs into simple infographics and diagrams.
- Manage multiple internal design projects from brief to completion.
In-house Designer (Print)
Queen Mary’s University (Reprographics department)
- Expanding the business’ current offerings to include graphic design and pre-production set-up.
- Design corporate stationary, business cards, course handbooks and promotional material with Mac and PC operating systems using packages like Quark Express, MS Office, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Adhoc Doc.
- Managing clients and projects from brief gathering to completion.
- Proof and sign off of all design work to ensure a high quality finish.
- Organise and schedule all design work by project size, priority and deadlines.
- Manage client expectations in terms of department capabilities, turnaround times and costs.
Some recent clients
Understanding the compliances around marketing drugs
Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW)
UXQB CPUX-F Certification
Certified UX professional
Create UX strategies for business and customers
Conducting unbias user testing for different platforms
Designing for Emotion
Understand users and what drives them
Designing for different types of accessibility needs
Fundamentals of Design Thinking and Ideation
Collaborative idea generation
Superior Customer Experiences with UCD
Collaborative idea generation
Designing for persuasion
Construct communications to increase ROI
Designing for the Human Mind/Brain
Exploiting psychology and neuroscience for interaction design
Rapid Prototyping With Axure (Advanced)
Advanced interaction prototyping
Rapid Prototyping With Axure (Intermediate)
Interactive prototyping for desktop, tablet and mobile
Rapid Prototyping With Axure (Beginner)
Creating basic interactive prototypes
BSc Multimedia Technology
2:1 with honours
GNVQ Advanced Art & Design
- Adobe Experience Design
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Bootstrap framework
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
- Precompiled CSS